Sunday, November 15, 2009

5 miles on a Sunday morning

A run of firsts:

First "long" run
First run with Body Glide
First run with my new pants
First run on big major roads

And I'll give myself a B+ for this run. Love the BG, love the pants, LOVE running down University Ave (especially thru the Downtown Art Fest!). Running along University Ave requires me to look like I'm enjoying myself AND that I pretend to be an actual runner. Though, after running 5 miles, I pretty much feel like a real runner. I haven't ever run 5 miles before! My longest run ever!!!! WOOT! I feel ready for that Turkey Trot 10K. Estimated finish time: in the neighborhood of 1 hour. My pace today was 12mm but for race day, I gotta kick it up.
12mm is a nice, enjoyable pace for me on a Sunday run. Traditional training wisdom indicates a taper/rest week next week, pre 10K. My short runs will still be short, while my long run is only 3 miles. I might do 4, just to get some extra time on my feet, and help quell my nerves about the 10K.

At the last half mile of my run, I got a wicked stitch in my side. What's up with that?
I'm going to look into why this happened, and what I can do to NOT experience it again.

One last note: ISR podcast propelled me through the last mile and a half today. Thank you ISR.

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo.. you go!!

    on turkey trot day your adrenaline will totally shave some time off-- always does.

    what is ISR podcast?

    ReplyDelete