Thursday, October 15, 2009

These shoes were made for running

I love running. I love getting ready to run, tying up my Mizunoes, I love seeing Gainesville as I run. I love coming home sweaty and thirsty with a runner's high.

Instead of focusing on pace, distance, and heart rate, I want to focus on having a great time with each run. Clearly, I will track these things, and ultimately aimed to improve, but more than that, I want to enjoy my time outdoors and enjoy the feeling of running.

Running tonight was nearly perfect, and for the first time in a long time, I ran with a friend (that isn't of the canine species). We took a route that lead us past half a dozen friends' houses; a few friends hollered at us as we past. The smells of garlic and BBQ wafted through the neighborhoods as we chatted. The setting sun's white light bounced off the trees.

We ran 3 miles and I came home to my honey cooking dinner. Bliss! I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect return to the house for me - dinner! Running with a friend can be better than a PR.

    ReplyDelete