Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Reasons to love the treadmill

3 miles ain't as tough as it used to be, but some days, running around the duckhood is still a challenge. Today-reasons why I wished I was on a treadmill:

Is it raining? Yes.
Is it really raining? No.
Water fountain at NE Park clogged up, presumably from Extreme Home Makeover nonsense.
Garmin had a dead battery; what's my pace anyway?
2 D-bags riding their bikes on the sidewalk, the wrong way, tell me to "Get the hell out of the way"
Is it raining? Yes.
Garbage truck drivers
Awkward and obligatory conversation with neighbor

Pack all that into a quick 3 miler, and I'm daydreaming about the hum of the treadmill's belt. Moving my training schedule around to avoid trash days is an option, and running in the evenings is looking better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment